Thanksgiving is the time to be with your family, friends and a lot of food! We have always known this as true, but do you know about the history and some fun facts of the Thanksgiving holiday?
Check out these Thanksgiving facts:
- Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey to be the national bird, not the eagle.
- The first Thanksgiving was held in the autumn of 1621
- No turkey on the menu at the first Thanksgiving
- Thanksgiving didn’t become a national holiday until over 200 years later!
- Only spoons and knives were used on the first Thanksgiving
- Only male turkeys gobble
- Canadians have Thanksgiving too
- Jingle Bells was originally a Thanksgiving song
- Thanksgiving leftovers inspired the first-ever TV dinner
- FDR tried to change the date of Thanksgiving
Impress everyone this Thanksgiving by telling them a few of these facts.
Happy Thanksgiving, enjoy!